Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bye Bye Baby




We were hanging out outside today and as usual, the girls brought out their strollers. They tried to drag more toys out, but I told them no. They decided that the strollers and babies needed to take a trip down their slide. After snapping some pictures, I took some video as well.

We're having a couple struggles with the girls recently. Both are almost daily struggles for us. The first is a meal time struggle. They will eat a little bit at breakfast and lunch and shortly after start whining that they are hungry. They want to eat snack food instead of what I feed them at a meal. It's not like I feed them junk for snacks. Most of the time they're begging for almonds, dried fruit, or fruit. Recently they've been begging for "NoNo bars", granola bars. I bought a package as a treat before Zia was born and they know that we still have some. I should just let them eat the "NoNo bars" to get them out of the house. Dinner is another story. Every day they start begging for snacks around 3:30. Even if I don't feed them, they refuse to eat dinner. They're just being picky, but it's driving me insane since it's almost every night. I'm not making them a different meal from everyone else and I won't feed them at every meal like they request.

Our other struggle is about cleaning up their toys. They make a huge mess every day and refuse to help clean up. This has been an ongoing battle, but it's getting worse. Tonight, I told them they had to pick up their toys before dinner. I gave them a warning 25 minutes before we were going to eat. They didn't pick up one thing during that time. I was nursing Zia, so couldn't supervise them the whole time. I did hear them putting their toys on a time out and having a great time doing everything but picking up. Eventually, I told them that if I cleaned it up, I was going to take their toys. They were both completely fine with that, so Cork and I packed up all their toys in the living room and put them in the basement. Of course they didn't care at all. I think because they have each other to play with, they could care less if we take everything they own. Cork mentioned gold star stickers to them at dinner (which they were again refusing to eat) and both seemed really interested. I may try to find gold star stickers and reward them with the stickers when they pick up and possibly when they eat dinner without whining and crying about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment