Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Doll House Straps

We finally got the doll house moved downstairs today and strapped to the wall. We had to take the roof off to move it. Thankfully we'd just screwed that on and hadn't glued it as well. I have some touch up painting to do after the big move and now we want to fix some of the lighting in the basement. It's nice to have that out of my family room and to not constantly watch the kids in fear that they will tip in.

Since we were buying straps for the doll house, I decided we also need them for Arya and Eiley's two dressers and Zia's dresser. We don't have any other things that can really tip. Book shelves on the first floor are all built in and Cork and I have giant armoires that we couldn't get up the stairs ourselves. Those things aren't going anywhere. We haven't anchored the dressers yet, but that will be done soon. My nephew knocked over a dresser and Zia is starting to try to climb the twins' dressers to see what's on top. That makes me very nervous. The $20 we spent in straps is worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment