Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Happy Birthday To You

We had A&E's first birthday party today. Originally we were going to have people for cake in the afternoon, but their nap schedules have been so unpredictable lately that we decided dinner and cake after that would be better. It's a good thing too because the girls had an extremely long day Friday and napped today during the time we originally thought we'd do the party. They would have been a cranky mess.I thought the party was a success. I didn't get to talk to everyone as much as I'd like, but I think that's typical when you're hosting and busy cooking. We had veggie burgers from a Moosewood Lodge cooking. I'll be posting my version of that recipe on my Ladies' End food blog. With it we had baked beans, corn, tossed salad and we also had hot dogs for the carnivorous among the group. Dessert was red velvet and buttermilk cup cakes layed out to look like the hungry caterpillar.
The girls absolutely love the veggies burgers and thought the cake was amazing. They weren't too into the actual present opening, but did enjoy playing with their gifts. Our family room has an explosion of new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment