Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Roller Derby Girls





We took the girls to their first Halloween party today. They were roller derby girls. They were Ar-Ya Feeling Lucky? and Eiley-v Ya Behind!

They were exhausted when we left the party and should have slept right away. E got her diaper changed without waking up, had a little milk snack and went right to bed. A decided to give us a fourth hard night in a row. She woke up during the diaper change, was wide eyed until she was almost done nursing, and started complaining the second she was put in the crib. I listened to her complain for 40 minutes before her whines escalated into a super angry cry. At that point I knew she wasn't going to sleep. I picked her up and walked her around for 30 minutes before she fell asleep. I finally put her down for the night at 9:00. Have I ever mentioned that my kids don't sleep? She was up around 7:00 this morning and napped about an hour all day. She has ended up in bed with me the last 3 nights because Cork was gone and she had me up half the night. Each night I finally gave in and let her sleep next to me just so I could sleep. She's not teething and she's not sick. She just wants to be close.

No comments:

Post a Comment