Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Quiet Times

When I was little, my family used to go out for pizza at this local pizza place. As a treat, we sometimes got a pitcher of soda to share. The kids would always argue about what flavor of soda should be in the pitcher. My dad's solution was to let us all pick a flavor and a little of each would go into the pitcher. I don't know for sure, but I think he thought this would help us make a decision. Instead, we decided we liked the sodas mixed together.

Today, A&E were fighting over shoes. My solution was to put one of each pair on each kid. Both were perfectly happy to walk around like this and they stopped fighting about the shoes. Thanks Dad for the solution to this.

I was finishing up dinner tonight and realized both kids had gotten very quiet. I looked over to find them with their fingers dipped into a bottle of lotion. They were happily decorating their faces.

I don't have pictures of this, but the kids have discovered the joys of throwing things down the stairs. They love our vacuum and usually follow me while I'm vacuuming. We have these Bjorn brand stools that stay in our bathroom. Cork and I sit on them when we give A&E a bath, and later, the girls will be able to stand on them to wash their hands at the sink. Today, while I vacuumed, the kids were busy throwing the stools down the stairs and carrying them back up again. It was really hard not to laugh and I explained to them why we don't do that, but they just kept on doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment