Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Monday, June 14, 2010

The Craft

I spend most of the time on this blog talking about the twincesses and now about the adults in this house, so here's a few random things about me.

1. Despite the name of the blog, I am not a Roe. I did not change my name when we got married.
2. I still love my cats just as much as I did before I had kids.
3. I have a healthy obsession with Jillian Michaels and would love for her to be my personal trainer.
4. I love to sit outside in the summer and have a drink.
5. I could spend all day reading if I had no responsibilities.
6. Cork and I can be competitive and have been known to race to the mailbox, home from walks, and to the car in a parking lot. We have even raced strollers and carts with gentle nudging to knock each other off course.
7. I love throwing empty wine bottles.
8. My undergrad is in Anthropology. Once I got out of school, I worked for a food trade show company and then a healthcare company.
9. I love to eat frozen grapes and bananas.
10. I like the feeling of my big toes crossed over my second toes.
11. I'm almost always in motion and even move a foot or rock while I'm going to sleep.
12. I'm a huge klutz and don't always remember how I hurt myself when I find a bruise or cut.
13. My belly button is super messed up from the twinkies and a surgery I had right before I got pregnant with them. Not only does it look funny, but it has a hole in it that I could wear a ring in if I wanted, but it's never been pierced.
14. I can ride a unicycle.
15. I once broke my wrist falling out of a tree. It wasn't the first or last time I fell out of one. It also wasn't the first or last time I pretended the branches were gymnastic uneven bars. It was the first and last time I tied bandannas to my hands and pretended they were gymnast grips.
16. I can fake burp and am not above using it to make grouchy kids laugh.
17. I drink so little caffeine that I can get a buzz off of a can of soda.
18. I cook mainly vegetarian meals because meat grosses me out.
19. I've run a few marathons. Every time I think I should train for another, I think back to how my hips and knees felt for the year after each and that's enough to convince me I'm crazy to even consider it.
20. I'm no good at drawing or painting, but I love to make things.





No comments:

Post a Comment