Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Pots and Pans and Cups, Oh My

The kids discovered today that the kitchen cabinets open. They each discovered it on their own, while the other one was sleeping. They both love this "new" toy I picked up at a garage sale. It is so old that the sound system sounds like the speak-n-spell I had as a child. It's hilarious to listen to compared to new toys with sound.
The girls and I go to a playgroup at the hospital almost every Thursday. I think the first time I went was when they were almost 3 months old. Before that, I was too nervous about bringing them somewhere like that on my own. We've had our rough weeks, but usually we have fun. The kids in the group range from a few weeks to a year old. There is always a facilitator who helps run the group and she brings different people in to talk to us based on topics we've told her we'd like covered. It's more of a support group for new moms than a play group for the kids, but the kids really enjoy it. Today, the facilitator asked if I'd be willing to bring the kids in and talk to a group of parents expecting multiples. Cork and I took the Multiples and More birthing class at the hospital while we were pregnant and loved it, especially the last night where we got to talk to a set of parents with twins. She was going to talk to the woman who runs the class and let me know if they still needed someone for the June/July class. Hopefully they do because I think it would be a lot of fun to go in and talk about our experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment