Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Power Struggles



The girls and I are having a little power struggle lately. Having two makes some things easier. I try to buy things in different colors, so they have a choice between a brown and green coat, pink or tan boots, punk or purple hat and things like that. Today, that didn't matter. Neither wanted her boots on after going to kidcare at the gym. They both emphatically said "no" and then threw a fit as I put boots and a coat on each. Arya did not want to go into her car seat. After trying to talk her into it for way too long, I eventually physically made her sit down. I hate to do that, but sometimes it's the only thing I can do. We got home from the gym and both refused a snack even though they were hungry. They then refused to eat what I was serving for lunch. They both quickly ran to the stairs when I told them it was naptime. Arya quickly went to sleep after they played for a little bit, but Eiley screamed for an hour. She kept yelling "no nigh night". I tried rocking her to sleep, but every time she fell asleep she'd wake up as soon as I tried to lay her down. Eventually, I brought her downstairs and just stood her in the middle of the room. She gave me tons of stink eye before finally melting and climbing into my lap. After 30 minutes of rocking (2 hours after she initially went down for a nap), she was finally out. I don't think either of us won this battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment