Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowed In

Warning: We were snowed in today. I can't remember the last time we stayed home all day. I think we were all getting stir crazy by the end of the day. Being home all day means that I have access to my camera all the time.

Arya and Eiley started the day by taking some notes while sitting in their favorite chairs. They don't seem to care that one of the chairs is meant to support a baby before she can sit and that the other is a toilet.

We were going to spend all day in our pajamas. Arya was our first PJ casualty. By 9:00 she was done with the pajama thing and wanted different clothes on. Once clothed, Arya crammed herself into a chair, behind her highchair. I asked her more than once if she wanted out, but she didn't.

Eiley was quick to follow in wanting regular clothes on. By 9:30 we were all dressed. I was trying to fold laundry and after Arya stole a basket from me they got awfully quiet. I went to check on what they were doing and saw that Eiley had discovered the tupperware lid drawer.

At lunch, Arya tried to climb out of her chair, but not until she'd put on her sunglasses. Eiley started doing her "I want that" whine. Has anyone ever seen the Simpsons episode where Homer gets in trouble for grabbing a gummy candy off of the babysitter's butt? Well, Eiley was yelling because she wanted a piece of grilled cheese that was stuck to Arya's butt. LOL!

We had another change of clothes after lunch because they trashed their outfits since they wont' seem to keep bibs on for a whole meal. I let them pick their clothes this time and they both wanted to wear their new pajamas. Arya got up from her nap first. I use the word nap lightly here since they both spent most of their hour nap jumping in the cribs. It must have been some party.

Before dinner, Eiley tried to do Arya's hair.

They both got stripped down to eat dinner. I was not going to try to clean red sauce off of their new pajamas. They love pasta and both ate a ton. They decided they were done until I offered them dessert. I made brownies for our awesome neighbors who snowblowed my driveway today. I kept a couple for the girls and they quickly devoured them.

No comments:

Post a Comment