Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Not Quite Potty Training

Arya started dancing at lunch today and frantically told me she had to "pee pee poppy momma". She ran over there, I took her diaper off and she happily went to the bathroom. Her diaper was dry and she hadn't been changed in about 4 hours. A few hours after lunch, I was baking cookies. The kids had been helping, but they got bored and ran away. She came downstairs, plopped a soaking wet diaper on the kitchen counter, said something I don't remember and then tried to run back upstairs wearing only her shirt. It was a huge struggle to get a diaper back on her. She had no interest and I had to explain over and over that if she used the potty all the time she could stop wearing a diaper, but as long as she's peeing in her diaper she has to still wear one. If I thought she was 100% ready to actively potty train, I'd jump at the chance to get at least one of them out of diapers. She's getting close, but really isn't quite ready yet. At this point, I'd still be training myself to remember to put her on the potty every hour or so rather than her recognizing when she needs to use it. Right now she's starting to recognize if she isn't busy doing something fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment