Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Style


The girls were dressed super cute for school this morning. We got home and both of them had dry diapers, so they got to use the potty, then they asked to wear underwear. This never ends well, but I said okay and gave them the usual speech about only using the toilet and not going in their underwear. They did great until we were almost done with lunch. I could tell Arya was going to poop, so I grabbed her and ran to the bathroom, telling her not to go until we were there. She actually listened! Eiley then claimed she had to go poopoo too. She sat on the toilet making all sorts of noises and laughing, but didn't really need to go.

Arya and Eiley have not used their high chair/booster seats in weeks. They prefer to stand on the kitchen chairs or eat at their little tykes picnic table that is next to our big table. I decided it was finally time to give the booster seats one last really good washing and pack them away. Arya was standing on a chair, helping me wash, when all of the sudden she's standing on one foot and saying "ugh oh". I asked "did you pee pee in your underwear". She answers "yes" accompanied by one of her very definite head nods. I got her all cleaned up, a diaper on, and told her to run to her room and grab clothes. Of course Eiley followed. Once I got the floor cleaned, I started up the stairs and could hear a commotion. I walk into their room to find another puddle on the floor, this time from Eiley. It was already being cleaned up by them with some clothes they'd taken out of the dresser. Once that floor was cleaned, I let both kids pick out their outfits. Arya matched really well until she saw what Eiley was wearing and then had to get rid of her pants for a jumper and tights. Eiley on the other hand didn't even begin to match.

I cleaned out some of Cork's stuff from the basement this afternoon and the girls spent the time down there with me. They were very content playing in the now empty cabinet while I hauled stuff up the stairs to throw out.

No comments:

Post a Comment