Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mini Vacation

Cork took today and tomorrow off. We decided to go to Chicago for our 10 year anniversary. I didn't feel like going and walking all around Chicago when I'm 36 weeks pregnant, so we decided to go now instead of in late May. Our day did not start out as planned. We went to bed last night with a really sick kitty and called the vet this morning to see if they could fit him in. Thankfully, the vet was able to see him. Ingogh's kidneys are shutting down. He'll be spending the next few days at the vet, probably until Monday. We are hoping that we can flush a bunch of toxins out of his kidneys, put him on a special diet and prolong his life. While this isn't a cure, we're hoping we can keep our little guy with us a little bit longer. So, while Cork and I spend the next couple days in Chicago and the girls spend it with my parents, Ingogh will be at the kitty hotel getting pumped full of fluids. I think the rest of us are going to enjoy our time away much more than he will.

Once we finally got going, our day turned out to be lots of fun. We even got upgraded at our hotel. Of course we were supposed to based on Cork's status with that chain. Even so, Cork had to remind the desk staff that we should be upgraded if any suites were available. I'm guessing by the staff's reaction that they aren't supposed to upgrade unless specifically asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment