Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Puke Patrol

I braided Arya's hair this morning before school and then Eiley asked me to do hers too. I was planning on taking a picture of them to show their first braids. I finished Eiley's, came out of the bathroom, and found Arya had already destroyed hers. She went to school with a barrette instead of a braid.


Eiley's braid stayed put until she started puking this afternoon. Poor kid. She puked the first time when she was in her swing outside. I wasn't sure if she was sick, or just a little dizzy from being pushed so long. I think I was in denial. She puked again after Cork got home. Normally, the girls just puke with no warning cough. I heard the cough this time while she was on Cork's lap. I was on my way into the living room and I told him he should move her to the hard floor. I obviously did not stress the importance of this. I walked back into the family room to see that she'd projectile puked over a about a 6 foot area. Cork had managed to swing her body as she vomited, so she hit just about all of our area rug, our coffee table, the hard floor and both laptops. Thankfully the laptops were closed. And as always, she also managed to puke all over Arya. Of course this was after I had bathed both of them this afternoon. Arya was so mad because she had on a new pair of pajamas that she'd picked out and they were covered in puke. She was not happy to have to change. I made her a puke bag after and she got pretty good about hitting it as long as we kept it close. She was not acting sick at all and even threw a little fit at dinner because she wanted to eat what we were having. We made her toast, which she did not eat at all. She fell asleep on Cork's lap and we thought maybe she was done. He put her in bed and she puked all over herself and the bed a couple minutes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment