Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Goodbye ZuZu Kitty

I took our cat to the vet this morning thinking he had a UTI. I expected he'd get some anti nausea meds, an antibiotic, and we'd be on our way. I was very wrong. Poor guy had a lot going on. We had to make the very tough decision to let him go peacefully. All three kids were there with me and Cork came over from work. It was not fun, but I wanted the twins to stay with us. I felt like they would have less questions about where he had gone if they got to say goodbye. Both kept telling me they didn't want the cat to die, which of course broke my heart. I didn't want him to die either. He loved us all, but was definitely my cat. He drove me crazy, but loved me so much and always looked for so much attention.

We brought Sikozu home and buried him close to Ingogh. He was in his cat carrier until Cork could dig a hole for him. I was in the laundry room and Arya came to tell me "Zia is climbing on our died cat". At least the kids could give me a little comical relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment