Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Onion

I haven't published the blog in 5 weeks. During the time, I have barely written any entries to save to publish later. Usually when there is a long silence from me, I type entries and save them for later and don't publish until I have photos watermarked. So now I try to play catch up. I was working on the doll house almost every free night during the last few weeks, so at least I have a good excuse for missing entries.

Eiley and Arya are very into pretend play right now. The doll house has been perfect for that. They don't just play house with it, they play all sorts of things, which is great to listen to. They are full of amusement right now. I heard Eiley say today "Oh my God! Child! That is so nasty!" I have no one to blame but myself for that. I often open Zia's diaper to tell her "Child, that is so nasty". I know I say "Oh my God" when I'm super frustrated with them. Looks like I need to make a better effort to not say that.

Zia is full of imitation too. Cork told her to not "Do not touch that" and she mimicked it back to him with the correct tone of voice, syllables, and wave of her finger. The words weren't right, but she was definitely being sassy. She understand what we're saying, but that does not mean she listens. I was starting dinner tonight and she stole and onion that I'd cut in half and peeled. I told her to put it down and that she wouldn't want to eat it. She licked it and then took a big bite. I don't think she'll be doing that again any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment