Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Cold Day Part 2

I had another great day with the kids home from school today. Eiley had a major break down after dinner. I totally forgot that her school was doing a roller skating thing at a local rink tonight. They got something about it in their back packs last night. She remembered at around 6:30 and was way too tired to go over there, especially with going back to school tomorrow. She was sobbing when we put her to bed. I had to lay with her for awhile to get her calm down enough to go to sleep. I only got her to settle by telling her that she could very quietly sneak into my room after I went downstairs, and stay in there until Cork and I went to bed.

We had a great day until Eiley's break down. We didn't do as many projects as yesterday, but we did paint snow in the bathtub with food coloring and water in squirt bottles. Then I got a little ADD after washing the tub out. I had to pull all the caulk out of the tub, bleach it, and get it ready to re caulk. It's something I've wanted to do for awhile and sitting in there with the kids just made me think about it and I couldn't leave it any longer.

Arya asked me to make hummus today. While I was making it, I noticed that both of the twins were dancing. I asked them if they needed to go potty and they ran off toward the bathroom. I had the food processor going and wasn't paying attention to what was going on, until I heard Zia screaming. I've never heard her scream like that before. I'm a super calm mom. I didn't even panic when Zia had a tooth brush stuck in her cheek. I was definitely panicked today. I turned off the food processor and went to grab Zia. Her poor hand had been smashed in the bathroom door. It looked horrible. I was sure it was broken. I don't know how it wasn't broken. She had a huge line indented in the back of her hand that was all purple and she wasn't using her hand. I asked Arya what happened and she told me she'd shut the door so Zia couldn't come in. The twins do not like her in the bathroom while they are in there. She really is a bit obnoxious, so I don't blame them, but we talk all the time about not slamming doors. I did not yell, but based on the sound of my voice, I don't think Arya will be slamming any doors again soon. Her hand is bruised, but working and not swollen more than it should be, so I assume it's not broken.

After our hand slamming incident, the three kids and I went to the gym. Arya and Eiley had their first swim lesson tonight and I took Zia swimming while they were in their lesson. I had more than one parent comment about how Zia is in the water and asking how old she is. She really has no fear. She'll hold onto the side and dunk herself, she'll push off of the side and just hang under the water, and she'll hold onto hands, jump in from the side, and go under the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment