Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Low Pressure System

The kids have been a bit screwy the past few days. I saw tonight that there has been an extremely low pressure system over our area of the country and it is effecting behavior. Affecting behavior? I'm pretty good with most English, I should be since it's the only language I speak, but I can never remember effect and affect. Anyway, we got all three kids to bed almost two hours late last night. We were at the hospital, talking to couples who are currently pregnant with twins. I was sort of hoping that the twins would take a short nap and Zia would take a long nap today and I'd get a few minutes to myself. Ha! I don't know why I dream. No one napped. Well, Zia napped, but only for about two minutes. The older two were late coming home from school and I was pacing with Z in the house, waiting for them. She fell asleep on my shoulder. The twins had a substitute driver and he went past the house. I had to put Zia on the floor to go meet the bus. She stayed asleep until we came back in the house. THen it was all over. Those few minutes were enough to rob me of any other nap time today. I tried nursing her to sleep, rocking her to sleep, and a ride in the car. She had no plans on sleeping, but lots of plans to be destructive and to scream. After dinner, she even learned out to climb our ghetto gate. She pulls herself up, with one hand on the banister and the other hand on the gate, until she can throw a leg over. I don't know if it's safer to keep the gate in place or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment