Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Cold Day

The older two had their first day off of school today due to weather. When we woke up, it was -13 with a wind chill of -39 and the real temp was only getting worse. I decided to use the temp to our advantage. We colored water balloons and froze them, we made colored light catchers with ice cubes and pie plates, and we threw boiling water in the air to see it turn into snow. We also painted, read for over an hour, and they spent a very long time not cleaning the mess they made in their room. All in all, we had a great day. I know a lot of parents don't enjoy snow days. Since I'm home and don't have to figure out child care, I don't mind at all. I don't know how our district handles snow days. I'm not sure if the kids make them up at the end of the year, or if they have some wiggle room padded into the schedule.

This is totally normal to find at the end of the day...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment