Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Writing Girls

Arya had her first home work assignment this weekend. The assignment doesn't make much sense to me and I even clarified with the teacher to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Her letter of the week is G. She had to create a poster or book with objects, people, colors, numbers etc. Anything from around the house. The things did not have to start with G. So we did a book called "Is it Arya's or is it Eiley's?" We took pictures of something they each have that's slightly different. I wrote most of the book, but Arya wrote their names on each page. Later on, I saw Arya and Eiley writing at the kitchen table. They had written "is" and "no" by themselves. They hadn't copied it from anywhere. Arya was doing it from memory from seeing me write those two words in the book. So while the assignment doesn't make much sense, she definitely learned from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment