Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Poop Painting



My mom was in a bicycle accident this weekend. I thought I'd have the girls finger paint her a get well card. The thought of trying to keep actual paint, even if it was nontoxic, out of their mouths was just not appealing. Instead, I decided to let them paint with pudding. My mom's favorite color is green, but it looks like the only green pudding is pistachio. The kids aren't eating nuts yet, so I went with purple instead. There was some [sarcasm] fantastic [/sarcasm] blueberry muffin flavored puddings on the shelf.
I stripped the kids down once we got home from the store, put them in the high chairs with paper and pudding in front of them. The pudding was almost too light to see on the paper. They quickly decided to eat both the paper and the pudding. Looking back, pudding probably wasn't the best idea for two kids who rarely have sugar and who can't eat dairy. They made a royal mess, but had a great time. I cleaned them up, put them back in their onesies, but not their shorts and after a while put them in their cribs for a nap.

I went back upstairs a short time later because Eiley was screaming. It was a totally mad scream and not her usual yell when she doesn't want to nap. I walk in her room to see that she's unsnapped her onesie, taken off her diaper, pooped and smeared it everywhere. I guess she didn't have enough finger painting earlier and needed a little more practice at it. I took the time to snap one picture before stripping her down, rinsing her off and bathing both kids. What you can't see is that there is a huge poop under the blanket behind her and all over her face, hands and feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment