Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Express Yourself

This is another example of what happens with a child is allowed to pick out her clothes. LOL. She is wearing pajama bottoms over her jeans. We were planning on being home most of the day, so I didn't care what she wore. My main accomplishments for the day was getting the lawn mowed and the garden planted. I only mowed a couple times last summer and once the summer before. It was so nice to be back outside doing some work. Hopefully I can stay on top of our garden this year. We've gotten a lot of food out of it the last two years, but not as much as we could have. We got busy both summers and neglected thinning and weeding the garden. If we keep up on it, we should get tomatoes, peas, green beans, beets, leeks, radishes, cucumbers, carrots, lettuce, basil, spinach, cilantro, cayenne peppers, fennel, parsley and dill. I also have sage and lavender around the corner from the garden. The sage has been there for a couple years now and does really well every season. Hopefully the lavender does just as well. They are close to where the dryer vents from the house, so it stays warm during the winter and I can get sage all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment