Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Identical But Not Equal

We have 2 pairs of the exact same shoes. I was putting them on Eiley today and both kids threw a huge fit. She was moving and screaming so much that I couldn't get the first shoe on. Arya was sitting right next to us freaking out. Apparently I had the wrong left shoe. I don't know how I'm supposed to know which left shoe is the correct one since they are identical, but I guess a lot of people could say that about my kids as well. As soon as I grabbed the other left shoe, both kids quieted down and happily let me put the shoes on them. I've heard other MoMs talk about how their kids know which identical item belongs to each kid. I have no clue how they knew, or how they decided without talking, but they simultaneously threw and stopped their fits. Weird!

1 comment: