Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Terrifying Threes

We spent a good portion of our day out of the house. First the older two had school and then we went straight to the zoo to enjoy the 45 degree weather. The girls were exhausted by 4:00. Arya was screaming at me. I tried everything to calm her down. I offered to hold her, to read to her, to give her a snack, etc. but nothing worked. Finally I offered a bath. I figured if they were tired this early that they could use it so we could get them to bed early. Bad idea. She screamed the entire time I bathed Zia. The entire time I undressed her. The entire time I bathed her. I lost it and yelled at her to "STOOOOOOOOP." Which of course was not effective. Zia laughed and Eiley stared, but Arya didn't do anything but continue to cry and throw a fit. I pulled her out of the bath and she screamed even harder because she wasn't done yet. I'd had enough by this point and told her she could get herself ready. I did eventually get her dressed, with her crying at me the entire time. As soon as we went downstairs again she just stopped. I have no idea why she started or what got her to stop. One minute she was a crying and spitting mess and the next she was acting like nothing was ever wrong. She was perfectly happy until we put her to bed at the regular time and then I sat downstairs listening to them playing for 45 minutes after bedtime. My only explanation is that she's three. Things don't have to make sense. She could have been throwing a fit about an uncomfortable sock or the fact the sky is blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment