Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ouch

We're up in LaCrosse this weekend for Cork's Grandma's birthday. Zia seems to like staying in a hotel as much as her sisters. While she sleeps better away from home than they do, traveling with the kids is still exhausting. On Friday night I was up once every hour with one of the kids, and sometimes more than one. I was exhausted tonight and just wanted to climb into bed early. The kids had other plans. The twins and Cork all crashed within a few minutes of each other around 9:00. Zia had other plans. She stayed up until about 10:30, got me up throughout the night and then was up for the day by 6:00. I'm good for a few days on little sleep, but then I just start breaking down. When my eyes start burning I know that I just need sleep. Today was one of those days. I'm hoping that all three kids are exhausted enough from our weekend that they'll sleep well and I will get some REM sleep tonight.

We went out for lunch this afternoon. I repeatedly told the twins to not tip their chairs back. Cork was away from the table and Eiley tipped hers back and couldn't bring it back up. The chair and she went crashing to the ground. I was on the other side of the table, with Zia on my lap, so there was nothing I could do. I calmly watched her go down and watched to see if her head hit. Thankfully she curled up as she hit, so her head never touched the ground. I handed Zia over to her aunt and went to handle Eiley. Her cry sounded like her scared cry and not like a hurt cry. I picked her up and sat down with her. She didn't stop crying, so I went to the front of the restaurant with her and then looked at her chin. I had looked enough before to see that it wasn't bleeding. I now saw she was getting a huge lump. I asked for some ice and she and I sat together for awhile as I iced her chin. By the time we got home tonight it looked like this. I can't figure out if she hit her chin on the seat of the chair or her knee or what. Whatever it was, it did a pretty good job doing some damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment