Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Our Own Summer Reading Program

I can't take credit for this idea. A friend is doing it with her daughter and I loved it, so told her I was stealing it. We are doing the summer reading program at the library. The kids get coloring sheets and little things with every 10 books I read to them. It's a great program, except we only get one sheet at a time and we can easily go through 10 books in a day. So, I made this poster with 1,000 boxes on it. We add one star sticker for each book we read. I took a pic today before I let them add stickers for books from the last couple days. I decided to start keeping track before I got the poster done since I wasn't getting it done as fast as I wanted.

I will work with the twins on a reward for the first 500 and then for the second 500 books we read. Arya suggested going to the kid museum, but that's something we do anyway. We never go on a weekend though, so maybe going as a family with Cork would be prize enough. For now, they are just super excited about the stickers.

Arya is becoming a bit theatrical. She ran up to me today singing "zip me, tie me" while wearing a princess gown. She also ran past Zia and said "Wow, Zia is getting taller and taller."

No comments:

Post a Comment