Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Two For the Show

Arya said her name yesterday for the second time. I'm not sure if I mentioned last week that she had said it for the first time. Today, she made up for lost time. I counted 42 "Ar-Ya"s during a 3 block drive. This was after she'd been saying it for a few miles. I'm sure she got a few hundred "ar-ya"s in today.

I took the kids to a program at our health department called "Two for the Show". I debated if it was something I should do and decided we should at least give it a try. It is the cities way of checking up on as many 2 year olds as possible and making sure any who need early intervention get it. We had a lot of fun! They had stations for brushing teeth, talking, drinking from a cup, staking blocks, throwing balls and all sorts of things. The girls got tooth brushes, stickers, cups, wooden blocks, kleenex, a coloring book and a whole bag full of fun stuff. I'm so glad I brought them.

Because the health department thing was later this afternoon, I cooked dinner around lunch time. The girls helped me start a pot of chili. Eiley was particularly helpful by stirring the veggies with a doll brush before I put it on the stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment