Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Zia Rolls

Arya jumped into the pool today, from the side, for the first time. Yay! Eiley's been doing this for about 6 months. Arya decided to give it a try today. She stood on the side and I counted "One, Two, Three, Go!" and she stood there. So she counted "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, seven, eight, nine, ten." And I just stood in the pool laughing. Then I told her she was being goofy and was just stalling. Eventually though, she decided to just jump. After she'd jumped for awhile, she wanted her floaty off. I took her vest off and she wanted to swim without me holding on her. She still can't swim without help and kept sinking, but she kept trying. Then we switched and Eiley got to take her vest off. She did the same thing Arya did. She kept trying to swim away from me and kept sinking. Both would also push off the wall to swim toward me. Both had a huge grin on her face when she "swam" (sank) toward me.

Everyone was really tired when we got home from the pool. I'd made dinner earlier in the day, so we were able to hang out on the floor like we normally do before dinner. I was laughing at Zia because she can roll, but refuses to do so. I tried to take a picture of how she contorts her body and the stinker rolled right as I snapped the picture.

After she rolled, Arya and Sikozu swarmed in to get some attention. I think it's funny how much the cat likes her. He liked the twins at this age too, then he decided he wasn't a big fan of theirs once they learned to crawl. That lasted until just this summer when he started letting them pet him again. I wonder if he'll do the same thing with Zia or if he'll decide she's okay and not hide from her all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment