Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Busy Girls

I'm trying to keep the girls as busy as possible to keep them out of trouble and to help me keep my sanity. As long as I can keep them busy, my house stays in a little better shape and we have less fighting and biting. We started our day today at the zoo. After the zoo, the kids took a nap. They both got up and ate lunch. After lunch, I gave them the option to do art stuff or to go to the pool. It was hot and very nice today, so I would have loved to go to the pool. They both picked the art stuff. Both drew with markers for a couple minutes and then begged for paint. I put paint on little paper plates for them. Instead of painting on the paper they had, they smeared the paint on the plates, themselves, me, the table and the chair I was sitting in.

We ran inside a couple times during art time to use the potty. Or at least to sit on the potty. Both kids kept telling me they had to go, but they just played around. After potty time, I filled the pool and both kids played around. It was a good way to wash off the markers and paint. We bought washable markers and paint recently and the extra money for the washable was totally worth it.

I had to put dinner together after pool time. Of course this is the time of day when both kids become super needy and destroy the house. By the time Cork gets home, the family room usually looks like a tornado hit it, hence the Twinado nickname. Today, Eiley chose to play with soap at the kitchen sink while Arya spread clean diapers everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment