Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tee and Buy

We had a great day filled with swimming, painting with water colors and playing with play dough. Does life get any better than this for toddlers?

A couple days ago I taught the kids what it meant to have 2 of something because I'm trying to teach them that they will be 2 years old. Now, they ask for 2 every time I give them something. I gave them crackers today and both were screaming 2, 2, 2....so I gave them each a second cracker. Later, I told Arya that I was going to count to three and that she had to pick up something she had thrown outside or she would be on a time out. I started counting "one, two" and Arya yells out "tee" as loud as she could. Of course I busted out laughing and couldn't put her on a time out for not picking up.

I thought the kids had an understanding of what it meant to buy something. If we're at a store and they want something they ask to buy it. Eiley saw a container of bubbles in a cabinet today and started yelling "buy bubbles" over and over again because she wanted them.. Obviously we have a little more work to do before she fully grasps what buy means.

No comments:

Post a Comment