Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hawks

We have hawks nesting in our backyard. I didn't find their nest until today. I honestly had no idea it was in our yard since the hawks are almost always perched on the telephone pole or the swing set 2 houses down from us. I wanted to see how close I could get to one of them today. I was less than 20 feet away when one of the birds gave me a totally evil look. I decided not to press my luck, snapped my picture and backed up before I became a scene from a Steven King novel.

The hawks must know that our house is Badger country because they are never perched here. The house they prefer is owned by a couple Hawkeye fans.


Neither kid has been feeling well lately. They have a summer cold that just won't go away. Arya was exhausted today and put herself to bed on the family room floor. Eiley was nice enough to bring her some toys. These two can really fight, but they also look out for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment