Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Halloween Pajamas


Since the girls and I haven't done much out and about this week, I decided to take them to the zoo this morning. Right before we were going to leave, one of their friends from down the street showed up. When you're 38 weeks pregnant, what's the logical thing to do in this situation? If you're me, you invite the neighbor kid to go to the zoo with you. We went for a very laid back visit and didn't do much walking. I let the kids play on the playground, bought them ice cream and we went to one of the live actor shows. All three kids loved the show. Eiley dressed herself this morning while I was in the shower. I figure most kids would be uncomfortable in long sleeve Halloween pajamas at the zoo in mid 70 degree weather, but apparently not her. Arya agreed to wear something a little more suitable for the weather.

After lunch, I asked the kids to wash their hands. Why I think two 2 year olds should be able to wash their hands by themselves is beyond me. I knew it was way too quiet in the bathroom, but I was enjoying the few minutes of peace. I finally went to check on them and found them taking a "shower in the sink". Both were soaked.

After their shower, the girls happily changed their outfits and ran around the rest of the day in Tinkerbell dresses. Or at least for the next few minutes. We all headed to our neighbors and the girls quickly stripped down to get into the new kid pool over there. After climbing in and out the freezing pool, over and over and over again, and then about an hour of "nakey" time, which included activities like swinging on the swing set, I finally convinced them to put their Tinkerbell dresses back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment