Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Zia


Welcome to the world Zia Bjork. I woke up early this morning and figured I had a leak in my water. Shortly after it was definitely no longer a little leak. Cork and I got up, got ready, waited for some real contractions to start and I called my parents. I figured they get up early, and was hoping I wouldn't wake them. I was right and they were both awake at 4:45 when I called. The girls picked today to sleep in. When they finally got up, at almost 7:00, Cork asked them who was coming today. Their other grandparents were coming to help out this afternoon, so that was the response he was looking for. They both said "baby" in response to Cork's question. So weird. I have no idea how they knew. Yesterday, Eiley spent a good portion of the day yelling "come out baby" at my belly. Maybe Zia heard her and decided it was a good idea. We headed to the midwife's office at 9:00 to make sure my water broke, which seemed pretty pointless to me at that point, but I realize it's their regular routine. The midwife office is at the hospital, so we packed all our stuff and headed over there. By 10:00 we were checked into labor and delivery and at 2:05 Zia joined us in the room. Her June 13th birthday is perfect timing. Arya, Eiley, Zia and I are all born on the 13th of a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment