Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

My Butt Hurts

Arya is having a little bit of a hard time adjusting to having a new baby in the house. She's not misbehaving, but she's sleeping worse than she was (if that's possible) and she's a lot whinier. I talked to both kids yesterday about doing something with just me this weekend. I explained that I'd take each of them separately and that the other would stay home with daddy and Zia. Arya and Eiley had other plans though. They wanted all of us to do something together. They decided that ice cream at "Old McDonald" was the special thing they wanted to do. Cork and I bumped it up a little and even took them out for lunch. Nothing fancy, but they loved it. Both ate like champions since they've eaten so little the past few days.

This afternoon, we went to the farmers market and then ran some errands. Only sleep deprived parents would think it's a great idea to bring 2 over tired toddlers and one hungry infant shopping. Our trip to Kohls was interesting. I was so frustrated with the girls and then got to the point that I was just laughing at their bad behavior. They were licking each other in the store, imitating the twins who had a gibberish conversation that are on YouTube, making really loud screaming noises, rolling on the floor etc. You name it, they did it. Then I decided to sit on a couch type thing in the middle of the shoe department and feed Zia while they misbehaved. At one point, I have one hand holding Arya on the couch, the other arm holding Zia eating and my legs holding Eiley so she couldn't run off. I think I earned a bad parent award today.


Before we went to Kohls, we were at a shoe store. Arya announced very loudly, "my butt hurts". Multiple people heard her and started laughing, especially when she repeated it for me and then I asked if she needed to go potty. Yes, she did need to go and thankfully we were close to the potty. I guess after not eating for a few days and then gorging at lunch, her body was ready to get rid of some waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment