Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Quit

I wonder at what age my kids will stop running around naked all the time. We got home from school today and they took their clothes off. I told them that their unde.rwe.ar had to go back on before they could sit on anything. They ran around in just unde.r.wea.r then for about 6 hours. We were getting ready to eat dinner and I told them that they weren't allowed to whine and complain during dinner about being cold if they chose not to put clothes back on. Both quickly got dressed again because they know it's cold by our kitchen table.

Speaking of the table, I started to feed the twins lunch today and both were screaming at me. They were super angry that I had put their grilled cheese sandwich on a regular plate and not a "special plate." I was done with their outburts directed at me, so I told them I quit. I said they could get the rest of lunch themselves and that as long as they were going to yell at me I wasn't going to help. They both immediately stopped yelling, but I was D-O-N-E! They wanted water and I said tough! Not really, I just told them they could get it themselves. They were pretty shocked. They can get their own water, from both the sink and the fridge, but they forgot that there are a few cups in a low cupboard. Their regular cups are up high and they can't get them unless they climb onto the counter, which they do all the time, but for some reason today was different. They wanted strawberries and I wouldn't help. They tried to get them out of the fridge, but neither is tall enough to get stuff out of the fruit drawer when it's toward the bottom. They didn't think about pulling up a chair, even though they've been moving chairs around the house since they could stand. My quitting didn't last long, but they really got the point and there was no more yelling at me the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment