Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy Birthday Duo

Our oldest two turned four today. Happy Birthday to them. They love to hear stories about when they were born, so today was full of those. The whole day was about them. I did what they wanted to do, which included shopping for new clothes for the fall. We bought a bunch of really cute things at thrift stores. They were thrilled to get to pick things out and at this age they don't care if they are used or not. We also stopped at a health food store to pick up some soap. They each got to pick out a piece of candy and got a mint, like a York, but it was honey and peppermint oil on the inside and dark unsweetened chocolate on the outside. They were really good. If York tasted like that, I would be addicted.

When Cork came home, we gave the girls the last of their presents. Besides tiny toy castle they'd picked out today, they also got clothes, backpacks, umbrellas, and the desk I painted for them. After opening the presents, Arya told us "next time, don't give us all clothes. okay!"

And since it's the 13th today, we can't forget Miss Z. She is 14 months today and full of just as much crazy as her sisters. She's barely talking now. I'm sure she's working on walking instead. I know that she could just do it if she let go. I know she'll figure it out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment