Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Wishing Cake

We went to our church picnic today. I made browned butter pumpkin cupcakes with caramel cream cheese frosting to take with. Wow. They were definitely the best cupcakes I've ever made.

One of the girls picked out a book at the library last week called Zuzu's Wishing Cake. In it, a little girl, named Zuzu, makes a wishing cake for her new neighbor Hashim, who doesn't speak English. It's a very cute book, and even cuter since her name is Zuzu. Arya and Eiley wanted to make a wishing cake, so I bought disgusting cheap whole wheat bread, that's really just white bread died brown, and cheap jelly. They had a great time making the wishing cake. They used the entire loaf of bread and most of the jelly. The cake was so high, and stacked a bit uneven, so it was falling over. They split it in two and we put candles in both. They then sang happy birthday before digging into the wishing cake. They each only ate a tiny bit. The table, chairs, and floor were covered in jelly, but it was worth it. I cleaned everything up and gasp threw out the wishing cakes. It was a tragedy. I should have known better, but I really didn't think they'd be interested in it once they were done with it that night. I was wrong. They were both so upset. Garbage day is tomorrow and the garbage bag was far from new. Those cakes were not coming out of the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment