Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

21 Months

This little cutie is 21 months today. She is so sassy. I asked her if she was ready for a nap. She shook her head no and said "nigh nigh". I said "yes" she said "no". Back and forth. She won. Around 4:30, when I was reading to the twins, she fell asleep on my lap. I didn't let her sleep long and she was mad when she woke. I knew that it was going to be hard to get her to sleep if I let her sleep longer. Before she fell asleep, she helped me make buns for dinner. She was so cute and so excited to help.

At 21 months, she has a lot to say, but not many actual words. She can say: Momma, Dadda, Arya, Nana, Papa, No, Nigh Nigh, Chee (cheese), Nay Nee (blankie), Dah (Dog), Hi, Pees (Please), Day Dee (baby), She She (excuse me), and Tay Tu (Thank You). That's all I can think of now. She signs: More, Please, Bye bye, & Done unprompted. She will sign other words in repetition of us signing it.

While she doesn't say much, her comprehension is incredible. She understands just about everything we say to her and follows directions very well. She knows what she wants and makes her wants known through lots of grunts and pointing. She is good at throwing a fit when we don't completely understand what she wants. She will try to say just about any word I tell her to say. I'm sure once she decides to talk, she'll take off just like the other two did.

No comments:

Post a Comment