Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Burning Down the House


I did my usual 9:00 pm pumping session last night and put half of the milk onto the stove to scald. I completely forgot about it, read for a while and went to bed. About forty five minutes later I popped up in bed with an "Oh, shit!" and ran down the stairs. The milk on the right is correctly scalded. The milk on the left is what was left last after I tried to burn the house down. Now that is the way to end a day filled with mommy brain events.

I usually try to feed the kids when I eat. I want them to get used to eating meals as a family. Today the four of us were eating lunch. Eiley finished eating solids before Arya, as usual, and wanted to breastfeed. I don't normally nurse them at the table, but we were trying to get things done and I was still eating my lunch. Arya wasn't done eating solids and Corky was done with his lunch so I asked him to get her some hummus. He got the hummus, pushed Arya closer to me, got himself something to drink, sat down and watched me eat my lunch, breastfeed Eiley and feed Arya hummus. I couldn't decide if I was mad or if I wanted to laugh at the fact that he didn't even think about helping me. I debated if I should say something, but didn't because I thought it would make a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment