Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hoppy Easter

As their Easter gift to me, the girls went from 8:30 pm until 4:30 am without eating. That smashes their old record. I would love if this was the norm around here. I was up a few times in there replugging pacers, but all in all it was an amazing night. Our pastor commented after the service this morning that I looked exhausted. I thought I was looking pretty good. I guess one night of semi-decent sleep isn't going to make up for the last 7.5 months.

Eiley gave me her own little gift today. She signed to me to nurse and it wasn't just her babbling or repeating what I signed. It was so much fun to see her talking to me and she was so proud of herself. Arya isn't far behind as she's trying, but doesn't have the full squeeze of her hand yet. She's got a bit of a drunken slur to her milk sign.

I learned a few things today.
1) Smashed carrots make a great facial bronzer. I didn't get a picture of this, but hopefully I'll get to in the future. Women pay good money for fake tans. I think they should all just cover themselves in carrot and get the same orangy glow.
2) If I slyly ask Cork if he likes what we're eating, he may think I've added breastmilk to his food. We had a creamy pasta sauce for dinner and I didn't want to tell him what I added to it. I wanted to know if he liked it before fessing up that I'd whipped silken tofu and added it to the red sauce. It was really good! He isn't always as adventurous as I'd like if I tell him what odd concoction I've cooked up.
3) Eiley thoroughly enjoys a good dark beer. I gave her a tiny taste of mine today. She mainly got foam, but smacked her lips and said ah as if it was the most refreshing thing she's ever eaten. They always beg for whatever I'm eating or drinking. I thought a taste of this would stop her, but apparently I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment