Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Covergirl

I woke up thinking I had a 3:00 pm appointment for the girls today. At 8:45 am, while Arya was nursing, my phone alarm went off to let me know my appointment was actually at 9:00 am. Good thing we were taking our sweet time getting to the gym or we would have completely missed it. By 8:49 am, I had thrown regular clothes over my gym clothes, popped Arya off the boob, threw on some eye liner, got the kids packed up, a diaper bag stocked, a stroller thrown in the trunk and was backing out of the garage. I am good! I had to take the extra few seconds to throw the eyeliner on to give myself the illusion that I didn't look like death warmed over. Cork was gone the last few days and Eiley has not wanted to sleep.

Today's pictures have nothing to do with their appointment, but I haven't had a picture of them in a few days. I love watching them play together.
I ended the day by making these failures. I was so excited about them, even though I bought the dough. I expected super nice chewy pretzels like the ones sold in Europe. Nope! They were a bit of a step up from white bread. They weren't bad, but definitely not worth buying again. I may need to make my own dough down the line because I obviously need work on my pretzel shaping skills.

1 comment:

  1. (the secret to the chewy is you boil them for 30ish seconds in water that you add baking soda to, before you bake them)... I can look in my recipe card for the exact measurement if you want.

    It works wonders for homemade dough, I can't see why it wouldn't work for pre-purchased.

    ReplyDelete