Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Busy Bodies






My kids are busy! They are no longer content to sit. They want me to help them stand or want to roll all over. It's cute, but I'm not sure I'm ready to chase after them in different directions. Neither is pushing up onto all fours from her tummy, but both are on three's with one leg tucked under them from a sitting position. Today's pictures were taken over the course of probably 30 seconds. There are a bunch more in the sequence, but this will give you the idea.

We ran a bunch of errands today. We're all happier when we're out and about. I'm not a big shopper, but there are days that we go to stores just for something to do. Now that the weather is nicer, we'll be able to go to parks or do other activities outside. Anyway, today we were at Trader Joe's and a woman approached us. I'm used to talking to at least one person every where we go. This lady rapid fired questions at me. I barely answered any of her questions. I'm not sure she wanted answers. The conversation went something like this:
Lady: Are they twins?
Me: Yes
L: Boy and Girl
M: 2 girls
L: You know you should dress them in pink so everyone knows they are girls
M: They've been through multiple outfits today. I wanted to tell her to shove it. E was wearing a black, white and red outfit with flowers on it.
L: this is where she starts rapid firing and doesn't pause for a breath. They aren't yours! No they are not. Look at you. How old are they? How long did you carry them? How big were they? You must answer these questions all the time. How much weight did you gain? Did you lose it all? Were they in the NICU? They really aren't yours. How much do you weigh now? Are they identical? They are gorgeous. Such big blue eyes. My niece has twin boys. They have big blue eyes too. Maybe I should set you up. They're a little old for the two of you. They really can't be yours.

I walked away and was just glad she hadn't asked me if they were "paternal" as I wouldn't have been able to contain my laughter if she'd thrown that one in there.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. She sounds like a real winner. You must get some interesting comments with twins. They're hilarious with whatever they're trying to do in those pictures by the way. It must be so fun to watch them interact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha paternal!!!! wow though lol

    ReplyDelete