Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hummus Amoungus



Hummus was one of the few foods I developed a very strong aversion to during my pregnancy. The mere thought of it could make me gag. I had some last weekend at a friends house and the thought of it didn't make me run to the bathroom, the sight of it was okay too. I decided to test my luck and give it a try. My hummus gag reflex seems to finally be gone.

I haven't made hummus in well over a year now. I used to know my recipe by heart, but had to pull my recipe card out yesterday to make a batch. After it was done, I decided to see if the kids like it. They love it! They have rocket butts today, probably from all the chick peas they've had in the last 24 hours, but they can't seem to get enough of it. It's amazing how little kids aren't picky as long as you start them eating things before they can question what it is. I'm not saying they won't dislike certain foods, or won't go through a period where they only want to eat a few certain items. In general though, picky eaters can usually be avoided as long as everyone in the house is eating the "weird" items from early on.

No comments:

Post a Comment