Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's a.....


We had our 20 week ultrasound today. While that ultrasound is supposed to be used to measure and check anatomy, many people call it their gender ultrasound. Our little one was extremely cooperative for the anatomy part of the ultrasound, but no so much for the gender part. The baby was sitting breech, with its legs crossed and its heels right next to its crotch when we started. This gave the stenographer great shots of the heart, arms, and brain. We needed baby to move to get good pictures of its spine, so I drank some cold water and as usual that got baby going. It turned to give great shots of its legs, spine and diaphram. We were getting toward the end of the ultrasound when the stenographer thought she might have gotten a good shot. I thought I'd seen the same thing. She played around a little more and we finally got a somewhat decent shot. I wouldn't say we are 100% like we were with Arya and Eiley, but I would say we're probably 95% sure that baby number three is a girl. I am so excited, but also a little disappointed. I knew this would happen either way. If we were having a boy I would be excited, but would also be disappointed because I have loved having girls and another little girl in the house will be amazing. I'm excited to have another girl since we have so much fun, but I'm disappointed knowing that we won't have a little boy in the house.

We came home and I told the girls that the baby is a girl. Arya was excited, but Eiley was not thrilled.
E: "my no yike baby guwl" "my no want baby hih-her".

Poor kid. At least she has time to adjust. I think Cork and I may need until June to come up with a name. We used our two favorite names for Arya and Eiley and I honestly have no idea what name we'll use this time. Thankfully there are lots of websites and books at our library that can help with this search.

2 comments:

  1. Yay - congrats!! How fun a house full of girls will be! I think Eiley will warm up to the idea. ;) You say you're a little sad there will be no boy in the house. Does that mean Baby #3 is the last...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eiley is getting more used to the idea of having a baby sister. She's still not happy, but she's not throwing fits about it any more. I think 3 is it for us. 3 is a good number and I don't think I'm up for getting fertility assistance yet again.

    ReplyDelete