Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Froggy

We had a decent day today. The girls had preschool this morning. I am amazed at how well they can follow directions when they want to. They come home from school with art, that their teachers instructed them through, and they are so proud of themselves. Today, they came home from a frog. It was a paper plate, painted green, and folded in half. They then had to color eyes and a tongue and glue those as well as arms and legs on. Not too shabby for 2 year olds. I asked their teachers about a month ago if the girls were ready to move to the 3 year old program next year. I wasn't sure they were ready to start the 2 year old program this year, but wanted them in the class to try to develop them as individuals and to help with their speech since they had a lot of twin speak. Both teachers assured me that the girls were ready to move up a grade. I was still a little leery, but within the last week or two I had to admit that I think their teachers are right. Both can now sing their ABCs, recognize most letters, count to 10, know their colors, shapes and their vocabulary is booming. They are pretending and amazing me with the things they say and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment