Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Play Dough Baby



At Christmas, the girls' preschool teachers made them playdough. We still have that playdough today. I love it. The teachers gave us a recipe and since it was rainy today, I decided to make some. The girls picked the color and had a blast helping me cook it and make a big baby out of it after. We did have a few issues, like when they decided to pour vegetable oil into a measuring cup while I was stirring the playdough. Thankfully, Arya's aim was pretty good and most of what she spilled stayed on the counter. Some of it went into a drawer and some on the floor, but somehow she managed to not get any on her clothes.

Playdough
3 c flour
1 1/2 c salt
2 T cream of tartar
3 T vegetable oil
3 c water
food coloring (optional)

Directions: Mix dry ingredients together in a saucepan. Add liquids (and food coloring if using); mix over medium heat until a ball forms and it pulls away from the pan sides. It will get difficult to stir. Knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. Store in an airtight container or Ziploc bag.

After making the play dough, we made granola. We finished that with a big mess in the kitchen. Arya looked at me and said "you make big mess mama." Thank you child, I never would have seen the mess without your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment