Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Green Dog Lift


We had a busy day. It started with a fit about baths. Neither kid wanted one. I got Arya's pajamas off with a huge fight and then something changed and neither could wait to get into the tub. Halfway through the bath, Arya decided she was done and started yelling to get out.

The yelling continued through most of the morning. Eventually I asked if she wanted into an Ergo. This was the best thing for both of us. She was instantly happy. I'm just happy that at almost 28 weeks pregnant, wearing a 2.5 year old in an Ergo is still comfortable. Eiley didn't want to be left out and dragged out a baby bjorn we've been trying to sell.

We had some friends over for lunch and both girls perked up into a great mood. They kept themselves busy showing off. After lunch, we hung out outside while Arya and Eiley raided my closet for shoes. Both came walking outside wearing no pants and shoes with heals.

See this green dog? Arya and Eiley haven't had anything to do with this toy until the last few days. They dragged it downstairs on Thursday or Friday and I think I might have spent hours since then moving it out of the bathroom. They put it in the bathroom and shut the door. I go into the bathroom for one of them or myself to use it and have to drag the dog out since it takes up way too much space. Tonight, they pulled it out of the bathroom themselves. Cork and I were sitting on the couch and we saw the hall light blinking on and off over and over. I walked over there to find this.

Besides all the things they are doing, they are also saying so many new things. Their vocabulary is through the roof. They talk about things that happened last year that they didn't have the vocabulary before to tell me they remembered. They were eating whole wheat banana bread tonight and both decided to try to talk bad. They were saying that the other was eating "poopoo". Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment