Welcome to the Roe household blog. We're attempting to post 365 days of pictures in a Roe. Cork and I have been married since 2002 and welcomed identical daughters in August of 2009 after a struggle with infertility. Our girls were definitely worth the wait and I say they were destined to be here because they were conceived on my birthday, due on my sister's birthday and born on my grandma's birthday. What are the chances of that! We welcomed our third daughter in June of 2012. We all fell in love with her right away. She has two amazing older sisters who love to watch over her.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Twin Stalker


My sister and I took the kids to a park today. There was a woman there who was a total Twin Stalker. She was a fraternal twin and I wasn't sure from her insane ramblings if her twin had died at birth or some time after. She wanted to know if the girls were identical or fraternal, how old they were, if they were small for their age, if they have their own language, if they are doing things at the same rate as other kids, if they reach milestones at the same time, if one always does things before the other, if my sister is my nanny and if I am raising them alone. I'm sure I'm missing a few of the questions she rattled off to me. I kept walking around the park, following my children and she was practically dragging her grandson along with her so she could keep up with us.

While I don't know when her fraternal twin died, I do know they were about 4 lbs at birth and that they were "locked at the jaw" when they were "trying to be born." She was going to be born first, but her sister pushed her out of the way and the doctors had to pull the sister out feet first. I have no idea what she meant by most of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment